Sales Executive – Leisure Sales (Hawaii based) Job at Marriott International, Inc – 4.1 in Lahaina, HI
Job Number 20055941
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, 2605 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, Hawaii, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for locally driven groups with rooms (e.g., 10-300 peak room nights) within predefined group sales parameters outside the sales office. Works with customers to align preferences and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages the transaction of group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieves revenue and booking goals for the team.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for locally driven groups with rooms (e.g., 10-300 peak room nights) within predefined group sales parameters outside the sales office.
- Refers opportunities to sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
- Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
- Works collaboratively with hotel attractions and outlet teams on property to book outlet business at parameters for group opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of resort amenities to close opportunities (e.g. destination attractions, golf, spa, recreation options).
- Understands the importance of the destination sell as well as the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
- Closes the best opportunities for hotel based on market conditions and property needs.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence, communicating with property attractions/outlet teams).
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
- Conducts site inspections, as required.
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Leverages other Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
- Creates clear expectations for customers throughout the sales process.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management/Local Social Management.
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending features and services that best meet their needs.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Company: Marriott International, Inc – 4.1
Company Location: Lahaina, HI