Para-Educator – Library Job at Cherry Creek School District – 4.0 in Denver, CO
POSTING DATE: 08/12/2020
CLOSING DATE: 08/19/2020 04:00 PM
POSTING NUMBER: L24672
FACILITY: Canyon Creek Elementary
POSITION TITLE: Para-Educator – Library
Prepare visual aids for classroom use. Assist librarian with maintaining database. Help students with locating appropriate materials and checking out/in books. Maintain media equipment. Work with small groups of students to reinforce instruction. Perform various clerical tasks. Depending on the site, reports to the Library Technician or Librarian.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide academic curriculum support by preparing media center displays, bulletin boards, charts, and other visual aids for classroom use. Schedule media equipment usage, repair, inventory, maintenance, and ordering of related supplies for classroom use. [Daily, 30%]
- Maintain media center books, periodicals, and database collections, including taking inventory, checking-out/in media materials, overdue notices, book orders, book repairs, interlibrary loan requests, vertical file materials, and other circulation desk responsibilities. [Daily, 25%]
- Assist students with curriculum reinforcement to both individuals and small groups to ensure mastering of computers, research, and reports. [Daily, 20%]
- Assist with supervision of students and parent volunteers in the media center. [Daily, 10%]
- Perform basic clerical work such as typing, stapling, filing, duplicating, and taking inventory. [Daily, 10%]
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5%]
No experience required
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Basic knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, email, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of media equipment.
- Intermediate English language skills.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal relations skills.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to work alone and with others.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work one-on-one and in small groups with students.
- Associate’s degree.
- Experience working in a school district or educational setting.
- Experience working with school age children.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
- Moderate physical effort (lifting up to 25 pounds).
- Frequent bending, reaching, and climbing.
- Eye/hand coordination (e.g., typing, ten key).
- Visual concentration.
- Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Overhead work.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, and/or pushing.
- Normal school district environment.
Last Updated: 02/25/2018
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Para-Educators Para-Educator Range 2 | Non-Exempt
SALARY: $13.40 minimum per hour | Placement is based on relevant full-time experience; part-time experience will be converted into its equivalent amount of full-time experience.
HOURS PER DAY: 2
START DATE: 08/24/2020
Company: Cherry Creek School District – 4.0
Company Location: Denver, CO
Job Category: Entry Level Jobs