Operations Assistant, Feedback and Customer Service, Visitor Experience Job at Metropolitan Museum of Art – 3.8 in New York, NY
The Metropolitan Museum of Art collects, studies, conserves, and presents significant works of art across all times and cultures in order to connect people to creativity, knowledge, and ideas.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in two iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
About the Department
Visitor Experience (VX) is a revenue-generating, customer service department. We welcome and serve the millions of visitors that come to the Met each year by managing the following core areas:
- * front-of-house operations (ticketing, greeting, wayfinding, line facilitation, and exhibition and event support)
- * back-of-house operations (advance ticketing and group sales, box office sales, customer service channels, and systems and technology management)
- * administration, finance, and project management support
Our talented team greets visitors and sells tickets, books group visits, answers the operator phone line, responds to visitor emails, and manages the Box Office for ticketed events. We are in both Met locations and our priority is to ensure that our visitors have the best possible experience, whether they are interacting with us in-person, on the phone, or via email.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Operations Assistant is an integral part of Visitor Experience Operations Team. This position focuses on the daily administrative work and customer service related to our diverse audience base.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is committed to providing world-class customer service. Successful candidates have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, being able to provide superior service via phone and email. They must also have excellent organizational and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
Candidates for the post must be self-starting, flexible, demonstrate good judgement, and enjoy working with the public.
The position responsibilities include answering phones, responding to email correspondence, data entry, and general clerical work.
The position is full-time and requires weekend and holiday availability.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- * Assist in the visitor engagement process by fielding high volume feedback and inquiry channels including: Tessitura CSI database, Museum’s main operator phone line, and email correspondence through multiple Outlook accounts
- * Ensure timely responses while maintaining accuracy and superior customer service
- * Create CSIs in Tessitura to track visitor/client activity and feedback
- * Maintain organizational integrity of the Tessitura CSI database and of comment card processing and storage
- * Collaborate departmentally to solve visitor needs, issues, or inquiries
- * Assist with troubleshooting online ticket issues and inquiries
- * Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Museum programming, offerings, daily gallery closings, and all operational changes
- * Maintain discretion with high-level clients
- * Answer Operations phone lines: respond to inquiries, create and/or update orders and constituent records, process payments
- * Prepare and distribute internal ticket requests
- * Assist with facilitating EmptyMet and other events
- * Assist with Tessitura/Artifax data maintenance
- * Maintain organized and presentable workspaces
- * Provide additional clerical and administrative assistance as needed
- * Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- * Must have a minimum of one year of related experience in a customer service environment, especially managing phone and email channels
- * Experience with POS, constituent databases, and/or scheduling systems
- * Ability to work a variable schedule including weekends and holidays
Experience and Skills:
- * Must enjoy customer service work and possess the ability to be professional and courteous in stressful situations
- * Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- * Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- * Strong attention to detail and administrative skills
- * Ability to follow direction and adjust to changing policies and procedures
- * Ability to enforce Museum policies and procedures while maintaining excellent customer service
- * Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgement
- * Must be a good “Team Player” and collaborate well with colleagues to accomplish Departmental goals
Knowledge and Education:
- * Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills required
- * Experience with ticketing systems and databases required. Experience with Tessitura preferred
- * Experience with online conferencing platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. preferred
- * Knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Project, or similar preferred
- * 1-2 years of work experience
- * Fluency in multiple languages preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Customers and staff to wear masks.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10028: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Company: Metropolitan Museum of Art – 3.8
Company Location: New York, NY