Marketing Project Manager Job at Hacker USA – 4.8 in Coral Gables, FL
HackerU is driving innovation across the higher education sector and we are seeking a Project Manager to join our team!. As a member of our team, you’ll envision solutions that harness the world’s most sophisticated Cybersecurity education program. Together, we’ll imagine, create and refine real-time data and planning tools that shape the way people look at education.
Who You Are
Your ingenuity, knowledge of the education sector and experience developing analytical products will be well matched by our team. You’ll need to be able to put yourself in the shoes of product users and forge a deep understanding of personas who use our products – university presidents and provosts, enrollment marketers, career counselors, and students. Experience in higher education or a related field is key as our focus is on building web applications that provide the insights users need to make informed decisions.
Our Requirements and Your Experience
- Apply technical knowledge and tools to help develop and optimize PMO processes
- Accomplish goals by communicating project objectives; planning, monitoring, and appraising positive results; coaching, counseling, and directing team members
- Drive and require the creation and/or update of project and process/policy documentation
- Maintain the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting the implementation of processes and solutions
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timelines with user departments and internal/external project team
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outputs, identifying business inefficiencies, evaluating trends, and understanding business requirements
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Maintain records and artifacts relative to the project
- Utilize principles of Project Management to evaluate work method proposals and to develop recommendations to management
- Additional duties consistent with the successful operation of the PMO department may be assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience with distributed teams
- 3+ years of experience in agile development methodologies at scale, specifically Scrum, Lean and/or Kanban
- An eye for detail and a high bar for product and process quality and user experience
- An obsession to optimize productivity and effectiveness of every individual across the company
- A quick learner, who can understand complex requirements and assess dependencies and estimations
- Experience with Jira, Trello or a similar issue tracking tools.
- Experience with Story Mapping concepts
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to run efficient and engaging meetings with teams and stakeholders
Experience working with remote teams strongly preferred.
What will it take to be successful at HackerU?
HackerU is looking for exceptional talent to break down walls and forge into uncharted territories with a team of ambitious, passionate and like-minded individuals. We are looking for a self-starter with a “deploy on day one” mindset who has the confidence and ability to bring substantial value to the organization on an immediate and continued basis. We are a team dedicated to changing-lives with a work hard – play hard attitude who value individual contributions towards the collective goal.
Company: Hacker USA – 4.8
Company Location: Coral Gables, FL