Director of Marketing and Communications Job at Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District – in Denver, CO
Director of Marketing & Communications
Cherry Creek North, Denver’s most dynamic retail and dining destination, has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing and Communications. The successful candidate will possess a multi-dimensional skill set and experiences that address myriad aspects of the marketing discipline including retail advertising, digital strategies, event management, tourism and hospitality, sponsorship, public/media relations and community outreach.
Candidates should possess 8-10 years of experience leading a successful marketing team. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is required; advanced degree is preferred.
Interested parties may submit a cover letter with resume/CV and view a complete position description at https://cherrycreeknorth.com/about/careers/director-of-marketing-and-communications
In conjunction with the President & CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications develops and executes strategic marketing, communications, and public affairs programs for Cherry Creek North (CCN) in accordance with its goals and operating plans. The Director implements the strategies through detailed plans and collaboration with various partners and advisors. The Director ensures effective and efficient operations. The Director is responsible for enhancing and maintaining a strong brand identity for CCN working to ensure increased visitation to the district by local residents and visitors.
The Director of Marketing and Communications works closely with the President & CEO, other staff, consultants and vendors to plan and execute strategies to ensure achievement of short and long- term financial goals. A critical component of this position is to maintain strong relationships with CCN’s internal and external teams and stakeholders. The Director works with staff members to deliver services, to manage internal operations efficiently and effectively and to ensure that the program complies with CCN policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Marketing
- Consumer Advertising
- Oversee the development and production of creative campaigns with CCN’s
- Oversee the placement of creative advertising with CCN’s media placement agency * Develops tourism initiatives with partner organizations such as Visit Denver.
- Leads market research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of CCN’s social media/web/e-mail/SEO
strategies and services
Events and Promotions
- Manage CCN’s signature events (Sidewalk Sale, Food/Wine, and holiday) * Produce CCN publications/reports
- Present information to stakeholder groups
- Serve as a spokesperson for CCN
- Develops proactive, effective and compelling media messages and story ideas. * Secure coverage for CCN and the District that furthers its mission and objectives
Public Affairs Constituent Relations
- Build and maintain relationships with constituents including property owners, managers and tenants regarding CCN services and initiatives
- Maintain and improve the constituent and stakeholder data bases Governmental Relations
- Communicate with public officials regarding CCN public policy initiatives
- Develop effective working relationships with public officials Community Relations
- Serve as a regular point of contact between community stakeholders and CCN
- Create meaningful collaborations with community stakeholder organizations on behalf of
May be assigned special projects or other duties periodically by the President & CEO.
- Thorough commitment to the mission, objectives, and programs of CCN
- Understanding of how to work well in a business district environment
- Ability to cultivate relationships and commitment to maintaining outstanding customer
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks, priorities, and agendas
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and the ability to operate in a flexible
- Eagerness to lead change initiatives
- Collaborative, resourceful, flexible, proactive
- Ability to work with a range of people, meet a variety of demands, and work in a fast-paced,
frequently changing environment
- Advanced business, leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs with appropriate levels of
- Demonstrated experience in engaging stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead program staff and get results through others while working in a
- Advanced understanding of human resource administration, including implementation of HR-
related initiatives and addressing employee relations matters
- Experience with recruiting, retaining, developing and maintaining highly functioning staff
members and holding them accountable for results
- Advanced comprehension of legal issues.
- Advanced knowledge of contract negotiation, accounting and audit, and IT matters
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations including program
budget planning and reporting
- High level strategist at program area level with proven ability to develop department level strategy and plans
- Strong comprehension of interrelationship and collaboration between program areas
- Understands, participates and contributes to organization operations, budget, board
relations, and committee staff management
- Ability to understand and balance multiple perspectives and interests in CCN and to find
- Ability to narrate and communicate the identity and outward facing mission of Cherry Creek North to residents, tourists, businesses and other stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use the most successful communications techniques for engaging the community, media, consumers and key stakeholders.
- Act as a convener and facilitator for various stakeholders including the private sector, local and regional government, community organizations and everyone who interacts with Cherry Creek North.
- Ability to manage complex partnerships to focus on CCN issues, projects and initiatives.
- Successful creation, planning, implementation and tracking of community and stakeholder
- Clear understanding of the diversity of strategies and tactics used to market and brand place
to various audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at city, state, and federal levels.
- Understand the value of research and use to successfully communicate data to influence
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience with similar responsibilities
- Commitment to continued professional development
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Includes office environment with frequent telephone calls, emails, and walk-in customers; and/or outdoor environment with exposure to weather, cold, heat, wind, elevated noise levels and operation of hand tools, mechanical and motorized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical mobility to work in an office setting. Sit and stand while performing duties. Repetitive hand movement while keyboarding and writing. Ability to lift 50lbs.
Uses sight in the normal range with or without correction to perform duties.
Uses hearing in the normal range with or without correction to perform duties.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
The CCN BID follows the City of Denver’s guidelines
- Marketing & Communications: 8 years (Required)
- Denver, CO 80206 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
Company: Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District –
Company Location: Denver, CO