Customer Marketing Manager Job at Monster Energy – 4.1 in Corona, CA
The Customer Marketing Manager – Convenience Retail (CMM) purpose is to provide best-in-class marketing support to
assigned Monster Energy’s convenience retailers and serve as the marketing resource to the convenience retail sales
team with a high level understanding of unique customer and shopper needs to advance activation that fosters stronger
customer relationships and results.
Working closely with sales, cross-functional marketing teams, and the category management/shopper insights
Departments, the CMM will develop insight-driven, tailored campaigns and annual marketing plans that meet internal
and external objectives while aligning with the brand strategy in the Monster Energy portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have both a marketing and sales mindset.
Essential job functions:
- Serves as the marketing expert across assigned account base, with the ability to leverage retailer and brand
strategies to: develop, create, sell-in and execute thoughtful marketing programs that align with the Monster
Energy brand and drive growth.
- Uses category, shopper, and retailer specific insights to identify opportunities and industry trends to generate
retailer specific strategic annual marketing plans and budgets
- Provides strong thought leadership to shopper behavior-based decision making, adding value to current
customer/shopper marketing processes
- Align with sales, category, and revenue growth management to forecast promotional performance and analyze
results with respect to KPIs and ROI
- Ensure programs and contracted assets are leveraged to their fullest potential. Programs include but are not
limited to: new product launches, exclusive items, product re-launches, price promotions, custom consumer
promotions, pass-through sponsorships and retailer-specific tradeshows.
- Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans and insights into actionable customer marketing plans &
sales strategies for the small store channel.
- Create communication and execution paths that are set to win across digital and in-store environments.
Management maintains the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
- Work with graphics to develop impactful visuals to support programming needs and secure timely printing and
shipping with internal POS procurement prior to in-market launch
- Participate in regular Customer Marketing and sales team conference calls and meetings.
- Prepare and present planned activity, concepts, and business updates as well as share results from program
- Excellent communication skills required to carry out program education, calls to action and keeping all key
stakeholders updated on programming KPIs
- Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of combined experience in the areas of Customer/Shopper Marketing, Key
Account Sales, Field Marketing and Brand Management in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
- Must have been with the same firm for a minimum of 2-years with a demonstrated success.
- Ability to lead the development of breakthrough creative solutions with general media, digital and promotion
- Previous Convenience Channel/Customer experience/relationships a plus.
- Effective communication skills- written and oral
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong ability to build solid relationships both internally and externally
- Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Working knowledge of Digital Marketing & Social Media
- Commitment to company values.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Company: Monster Energy – 4.1
Company Location: Corona, CA