Cashier (00068106) PROVISIONAL Job at NYC Health + Hospitals – 3.8 in New York, NY
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.
1. Collect processing fee from patients picking up prescriptions from Outpatient Pharmacy. Also, collect payment for Outpatient Clinic appointment and previous bills.
2. Advise patients who have not been fee scaled of the various insurance programs available, i.e. Medicaid, Essential Plan, Qualified Health Plans, Child Health Plus and H+H Options. Refer patient to speak with financial counselor in either Registration, H+H Options or the various registration areas throughout Ambulatory Care to assist with Medicaid application process.
3. All cash registers must be counted and totaled before cashiers break for lunch. An X-Out total must be completed, and the tour supervisor or manager must initial the register tape.
a) Each cashier will have at least $100.00 on hand at 7:30am for change purposes.
b) X-out register before turning the register over to the relief cashier.
4. The relief cashier will follow Step 3 (A & B) before turning the register over to the main cashier.
5. On a daily basis, the supervisor will select registers and close them out using the appropriate close out procedure (Z-Out total).
If cash is over – reconcile charge receipts to journal tape to ascertain whether cash was entered as a charge transaction.
If cash is short – reconcile charge receipts to journal tape to ascertain whether charge transaction was entered as a cash transaction.
Note the appropriate action on the tally sheet (i.e. receipt number and explanation).
NOTE: If you are unable to reconcile a register, please report this immediately to your supervisor or manager.
7. The supervisor will record the amount contained in each register at the X-Out (sub-total) and Z-Out (total).
8. All cashiers must prepare a Cashier’s Daily Tally Sheet itemizing total dollar denominations. Credit Card and Check payments must be entered under the appropriate heading.
9. All work must be batched. If cashier has OAM bill Batch Control Form must be fill out for each batch and given to the supervisor. In EPIC, if offsite bill, make a copy and give it to supervisor.
10. Answer telephone.
11. Bilingual based on the patient population needs.
12. Patient centered communication and interpersonal skills for serving a diverse patient population.
13. Ability to work any shift Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 8:30 pm; Saturday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
14. Cashier need to distribute MetroCard before 9am and after 5:00pm.
15. If patient has no fee scale or fee scale has expired, cashier must enter patient in EFAS for Financial Counseling.
1. A four year High School Diploma or its equivalent and one year of full-time experience dealing with sums of money in such positions as cashier, sales cashier, bank teller, housing teller, railroad clerk, or toll collector; or
2. Two years of full-time experience as described in 1 above; or
3. Education and /or experience equivalent to 1 or 2 above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of full-time experience as described in 1 above.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.
Company: NYC Health + Hospitals – 3.8
Company Location: New York, NY