ArcGIS Developer, Remote Job at The ACI Group, Inc. – in Remote
ArcGIS Developer, Remote
- Full-time, Direct Hire – Salary + Benefits
- 100% remote – Must be able to work Mountain Standard Time in support of Los Alamos National Labs in Los Alamos, NM
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DOE Q Security Clearance
Seeking an ArcGIS Developer with 8 years of experience to provide support to Los Alamos National Labs and their NIE-TS (Network Infrastructure Engineering – Telecommunications Services) team located in Los Alamos, NM. The ArcGIS Developer will design, develop, and implement systems and databases to access and store geospatial data.
GIS Administration & Maintenance
- Update and maintain ESRI ArcGIS software and support NIE-TS activities for system maintenance specific to ESRI ArcGIS hardware resources.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with administrators of systems supporting the NIE-TS ArcGIS environment.
- Administer and configure NIE-TS web maps home page, users, groups, and access to GIS resources.
- Administer and troubleshoot on-premises ESRI ArcGIS server software.
- Review and analyze requirements and prepare initial work estimates for GIS development activities.
- Design and develop applications within ArcGIS to support the telecommunications services of NIE-TS.
- Design high quality web maps and graphic products in ArcGIS, as part of an ongoing Agile development process.
- Support LANL staff with authoring data and information products and publish them to ArcGIS for internal LANL customers.
- The concentration of work will be on the development of telecommunications infrastructure database (outside and inside plant fiber and copper cabling, conduit, ducts, patch panels, and systems), tools and data entry.
- Support development and implementation of LANL-wide web maps capabilities specific to handling and storing NIE-TS telecommunications data assets and data assets with geographical/geospatial metadata.
- Review user training materials, and support training sessions to increase awareness and GIS system expertise across LANL Program Office users.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) with 5 – 7 years of experience, or a master’s and 3 to 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with computer operating systems, ArcGIS software and its applications, GIS concepts and databases, and web maps design principles
- Proficiency with ArcGIS software and data management
- Proficiency with all versions and license levels of ArcGIS
- Proficiency with ArcGIS online and ESRI Story Maps
- Experience in telecommunications utilities, including aerial and underground fiber and copper cabling, vaults, ducts, and service entrance demarcations
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively configure and analyze data
- Detail-oriented and analytical thinker
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with strong attention to details and work ethics to get the job done even under tight deadlines
- Ability to successfully analyze and resolve production issues
- Ability to work directly with our business partners, support end users, and have a professional demeanor to contribute to a dynamic team environment
- Experience with Schneider Electric Fiber Manager
- Experience configuring VMware or ArcGIS on virtual machines
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus – www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $140,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Are you a US Citizen, per our government client’s requirements?
- ArcGIS: 5 years (Required)
- telecommunications utilities: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Company: The ACI Group, Inc. –
Company Location: Remote