Accounts Receivable Clerk Job at HP Hood LLC – 3.0 in Agawam, MA
Accounts Receivable Claims Coordinator
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
At HP Hood, we celebrate our differences. Our diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and perspectives are fostered to create an inclusive work environment. We are at our best when we respect and value each other – One Team, One Company!
Our culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, 401k matches, incentive programs, profit sharing and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
The Accounts Receivable Claims Coordinator is responsible for obtaining proper information and/or data of customer claims, prepare and process payments through SAP Trade Marketing tool accurately and timely, verifies claims and performs account reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and review claims for satisfactory payment approval.
- Track all claims and expenses, producing reports & verifying the accuracy of customer claims.
- Verify validity claims by obtaining and investigating information from customers, sales and brokers.
- Verify & calculate extensions and totals on customer claims.
- Claims management of specific assigned accounts (plan vs actual) in the SAP TPM tool.
- Ensure claims are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures.
- Work with customer to obtain claims documentation.
- Analyze workflow processes.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by attending monthly meetings.
- Prepare closed claims for record keeping and audit purposes.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting or Business degree preferred
- 2-3 years-experience with an or equivalent work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills
- Basic data entry skills
- Comfortable with math & calculations (basic accounting skills)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with great attention to detail
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“VERVRAA Federal Contractor”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: HP Hood LLC – 3.0
Company Location: Agawam, MA