Accounting Manager Job at DTLA Hotel Management, LLC – in Los Angeles, CA
Situated in downtown Los Angeles on the corner of South Flower and 8th Street, The Wayfarer DTLA is perfectly placed to capture a number of varying markets. With unique food & beverage offerings, including a top-notch rooftop bar, and a full event and activation program for all of the outlets, The Wayfarer is primed for opportunity from both local residents in downtown, as well as travelers to the city center. The Wayfarer has a fun, lifestyle and irreverent feel to it. This design forward hotel will elevate the independent and ever curious traveler experience through a variety of flexible and social public spaces, local art installations, and interactive touches that entice one to dig deeper and truly experience the destination.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to Pacifica’s Pure Stay guidelines to ensure the health, safety and comfort of our team members and
- Utilize Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and in accordance with property specific
- Ensure Profit and Loss (P&L) accuracy by consistently balancing hotel expense log for overspending or
- Work with Corporate Hotel Staff Accountants to review the P&L and develop budget variance comments.
- Ensure compliance with Company Hotels Accounts Receivable Policy.
- Perform monthly audit of all house banks and submit reports to Internal Auditor.
- Review and ensure all expense reports have the appropriate receipts and approval before submission to
Corporate Accounts Payable for payment.
- Perform daily income audit to ensure all revenues and deposits are reconciled with PMS and POS. Review all
adjustments and alert General Manager of any discrepancy. Ensure proper support documents for all nontaxable
- Develop means to increase profit through proper inventory and spending procedures.
- Ensure all taxes are reported and collected properly.
- Ensure departmental reports are completed on time and that deadlines are met.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to influence, lead, and encourage others to advocate sound financial/business
- Facilitate monthly P&L critiques with general managers and department heads to discuss shortfalls in
revenue production and overspending.
- Ensure compliance with Company Hotels’ standards and develop standards when a topic of concern arises.
Implement policy change with proper approval from Corporate Hotel Controller.
- Work with department heads to ensure all Accounts Payable (A/P) is properly coded.
- Ensure all AP vouchers are entered correctly and meet Corporate Accounts Payable deadline.
- Ensure petty cash report has the appropriate receipts and approval before submission to Corporate
- Minimize corrections and adjustments through policy and strong procedural commitment.
- Required to cross-train and be familiar with all duties of accounting.
- Communicate weekly hotel checkbook, aging status, guest balances, and F&B costs.
- Ensure all new hires and payroll changes are being inputted correctly into the payroll system.
- Ensure payroll is processed on time, accurate, and distributed properly.
- Effectively monitor payroll and suggest methods to curve unnecessary overtime or payroll expenditure.
- Monitor department heads to ensure they are enforcing breaks and meal periods.
- Ensure hotel deposits are correct and deposited on time.
- Make sure hotel safes are correctly monitored and balanced.
- Monitor aging daily to reduce or minimize any financial adjustments or collections.
- Ensure guest complaints or chargebacks are handled correctly.
- Must personally prepare petty cash reimbursements at least monthly, if not more frequently.
- Submit month-end reports to Corporate Accounting.
- Preparation of Month-to-Date (MTD) spreadsheet.
- Work with front desk managers on any areas of opportunity that may arise with guest accounts.
- Open and check all accounting mail. Separate and distribute to proper individuals.
- Attend weekly executive and staff meetings.
- Attend daily standup meetings.
- Work directly with staff to accomplish F&B inventory (will not be outsourced or delegated).
- Ensure that inventories for cash bars are completed prior to and after each function.
- Ensure all in-house guests have proper credit.
- Ensure all third-party billing arrangements are current.
- Work with Sales Department to ensure proper credit for incoming groups is correct.
- Involvement in weekend MOD program and lobby ambassador program.
- Effectively communicate through memos protocol changes or new policies.
- Ensure all vendors are correctly insured according to Company Accounting standards.
- Other duties from time to time as assigned by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities/Other Requirements: Knowledge of basic bookkeeping. Computer skills: Intermediate to advance skill level in Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and internet maneuvering skills. Strong communication and organizational skills required. Dependable. Valid driver’s license with proof of auto liability insurance. Reliable transportation. Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner. Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
Physical Requirements: Frequently walking indoors, outdoors, up and down stairs, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, lifting and carrying. Reaching above, at, and below shoulder level. Lifting and carrying unassisted up to 20 lbs.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
2 year(s): Minimum two years experience in related role, preferably in the hospitality industry
College degree preferred
Company: DTLA Hotel Management, LLC –
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA